Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The dog-arsed mouths of the people who hate our country

You know those people.

The ones who stand in the line at woolworths and tut at the people who dont know how to use the "next customer please" system.

I have been dealing with a number of people recently who, despite the tsunami of goodwill coming our way from the World Cup, constantly moan about South Africans, the Government and the "I'm not racist, but the blacks..."

I was in Durban for a few days last week and I dropped a friend off at the new airport. Its wonderful, a few hiccups. It was only 2 hours old when I arrived, so thats not a big surprise. It is however beautiful and will be a joy, mostly because we dont have an unpronouncable volcano down the road. I was shocked by the number of people who complained about the exhorbitant amount of money spent on the highly neccessary building. Airports are expensive!!

These are the same people who would have complained if it was ugly and the worlds visitors would have had a bad first impression.

It annoys me that I need to defend the country against the tidal wave of negativity from its inhabitants.

anyway.

get positive and enjoy our beautiful country.

(or go to goddam Australia)

2 comments:

Majda said...

here, here, I totally agree with you!

Br said...

Thanks Majda