Monday, January 31, 2011

Piracy

I pirate...


I do, I pirate lots and lots of music.
I do it and I believe that not only am I helping these artist but I am helping "educate" my friends.

The way I see it is this:

I get music from the internet, from various sites and I dont pay for it.
I also get music from Music stores, which I obviously pay for. The discs I buy are inevitably, old favourite bands as well as new little bands who really need all the help they can get.

So I have music. some of it paid for some of it not.

Then what do I do with it?

I give it away, I give it to friends, and other people I respect in order for them to learn a little bit about what I like .. and LOVE.

Then they give what they love to their friends etc etc

Where do artists make their money. I mean famous ones that actually make a decent living from music, the ones who put their music out there. They make it from concerts, not from CD sales.

I alone have created a passion for The National with at least 50 of my friends, of which I would say ten have bought an album (I have bought all of them) and about 15 have gone to see them live, excluding myself.

This is the modern advertising, this is the future.

Word of mouth is the most powerful tool for promotion, what I do... is even better than that.

Sure, some people disagree, the law for one. But I love music so much and I think what I do is a good thing.

Brr

No comments: